Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is this interesting any more?

Is there any point in blogging?  Sorry, I think I'm going to do a "why do I blog?" post which I'm pretty sure is like writing a term paper about procrastination or apologizing for the lack of website updates.  Yawn.

We started the 4kiwiwannabes blog as a way of documenting our "adventure" overseas in New Zealand.  Presumably an interesting enterprise that would be be interesting to people who were curious about New Zealand, curious about us, or curious about what happens to people who try to reboot their lives midway through life and do something different.  It had a purpose, and I felt that when I posted, I had genuinely interesting things to write about.  There was fertile ground for compare-and-contrast type of observations, lots of new experiences to describe and so forth.

Now that we're back in Marin is there any point to maintaining a blog of our very ordinary "adventures" in the mundane?  Is there any adventure to be had?  Is any of this interesting?  What's the point?

No, seriously, what's the point?


4 comments:

  1. I would argue that it's nice to just be able to talk about the mundane. I think you are funny, so I enjoy reading about your adventures.
    Might just be me, but I'd be sad if you stopped... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, what about us? No really. We want to know what it's like once you go back. Plus, we think you are funny and like hearing about your family. If you promise to send me weekly emails then maybe I would forget about the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - I've just found your blog (through the bunkbed side-table invention) and have come to really enjoy reading your adventures!
    I think you all should continue blogging - if nothing more than a record for your family, a sort of high-tech scracbook. Also, it's interesting to read about the differences you've noticed, coming from one culture - to another - and then back again.

    ReplyDelete